Friday, September 9, 2011

The Thunder Rolls

Have you ever had a moment where something normal happened, but you couldn't figure out what was going on? Like when the TV is on, kids are playing and running around, the coffee pot starts whistling, and then on top of it all the phone rings but it doesn't register and you can't pick it up until one of the distractions stop? That happened to me today, only there was no build up, it just happened.

I was driving to church after getting some lunch thinking about a million different things, in addition to what I was going to do for 2 hours while I waited for babysitting. My radio was on loud, the windows were down with hot sticky air blowing in, and my mind was a little less than packed. I remember glancing at the house that  puts up zigzag Christmas lights on their roof every year, when BANG! it was pounding loud, all I could see out of my windshield were the red break lights in front of me, I was all wet, and I didn't know what was happening. I slowed down, turned off the radio, turned on the windshield wipers and rolled up my windows. It was a huge roll of thunder and pouring rain, all of the sudden. Everything was alright, it didn't last too long, and before I knew it my windows were dry and I was arriving at the church.

In honor of the beautiful storm coming in, the following two hours I did a stakeout. I parked, sat, and waited, trying to catch some lightening on camera... However I was also on the phone with my friend Hannah who's recently moved to Oregon, so I seemed to just miss every strike. It was relaxing though, just watching the sky and having good conversation.


Tonight felt like a Fall kind of night, and it was so good.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for following! And I am a fall lover!! Those kind of nights are the best kind :) :)

    ReplyDelete