Friday, January 18, 2013

Runner | Day One

One and a half miles for me, one giant leap towards Run or Dye!

I've always heard that if you want to achieve something, you must first have a goal. So not only am I committing to running every day this week, but I've also signed up for the Run or Dye 5k. It's quickly approaching the Northern California date in early March and I'm really excited for it. Again, who thought running could be so fun; that when you finish a 5k, your covered in different colored chalk paint!

To get ready for it and keep my word, today began day one. Unfortunately my 6am jog today consisted of my sorry butt staying in bed until I went to work this morning. I forgot that at 6am it's still dark, and everything including my car, the Raley's parking lot, and the sidewalks are dangerously frozen. Work didn't seem too long, and despite my coworker's comments of disbelief that I would really stick to it when I got home, I did. The hardest part I might add was moving and unfolding the treadmill. I never knew those guys could be so heavy! Anywho, after about a mile and half and 25minutes of Grey's Anatomy my Lasagna Timer went off so I called it a night. Even though it's only a drop of water in comparison to where I'd like to be, I'm pretty sure I'll feel it tomorrow. Baby steps right?


 
I found this on Pinterest, and I really like the ideas, and tips it gave. In my case I don't hate running, but I do hate running outside when its below 40* outside, so I'm learning to love the treadmill! What works for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment