Thursday, January 17, 2013

Runner | The First Step

I'd like to start off with... I hate running. And when I say hate, I say it like it's a strong word. That tightening of your chest when you've reached your limits and you're just starting out. The burning in your throat, like you want to coat it with aloe vera or anything to add moisture! I hate running... I hated running...

Crazy that a movie can change your perspective on things, but when I first saw the movie The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, I liked it for a completely different reason than everyone else. I liked it because it gave me a new perspective on running! It looked fun, and exhausting, but that high, that spread of endorphins, that made me reconsider.

Last summer I decided I wanted to start running. Partly because though I'm thin, I'm way out of shape... And partly because I bought a pair of really cute running shoes I wanted a reason to wear. So began my obsession.

Now this post is my way of starting a commitment. Think of it as my announcement to the world of my official relationship with running COUGH **currently running, jogging, brisk walking at times :) ** but a commitment none the less. A commitment I intend to grow and care for.

It begins tomorrow. I will hit the pavement one way or another, even if it means dragging my sorry butt out of bed at 6am to get it in before work.


Hot Pink Yeah?!


No comments:

Post a Comment