Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dad Time | A Walk In The Park

This past week I've really been needing some dad time, and with two days off I thought, wouldn't it be neat if Uncle Mike was free this weekend and I could go visit him?!

Well after some trying via Facebook, it just wasn't working out, and didn't look like I'd get to talk to him in time... But then I found that there was a family craft party happening and his wife RSVP'd attending. I called them up thinking he and I could hang out while she went (I'm not too into making cards). Turns out they both planned on going, but he would be ditching the craft party to hang out with my cousins, his sons. Guess who got to join!

It was a lot of fun, we all went on a nice walk to the park with the dogs. Shane hung his new TV, Brian and Uncle Mike put together Shane's new couch from World Market. Then we just hung out at the house, with chips and beer, none for me =)  They told stories about working at Google, about us being Canadian, future plans, the works. It was great.

I felt a lot better when I got home that day, and I love how being with family always seems to do that.

You know those days where you're just into the day and forget you may want to remember it through pictures? Well this was one of those days...


Noogler - my cousin has a sense of humor

It was a beautiful park... Darn sun got Brian's face

--------------------------------------------------

What do you do when you need some family time?
 
Is family close by or far away?


No comments:

Post a Comment