Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Spice Bread Is Amazing

With it beginning to feel more and more like fall in Northern California, I decided I should start baking like so.

With it becoming closer and closer to Halloween, I can't help but think of pumpkins.

So what better thing to bake than pumpkin spice bread. It's not a recipe that I went searching high and low for. Simply the one on the back of my Pamela's Baking Mix bag, a gluten free version of Bisquick. However don't let that deceive you, because this pumpkin bread is delicious!
Check it out!

Ingredients 
4 tablespoons butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
1 cup of canned pumpkin
1-1/3 cups Pamela's Baking & Pancake Mix
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon 1/2 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves

Topping (optional):
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup of nuts (sliced almonds, walnuts, pecans)



Directions
Preheat the oven to 350° 


Beat together butter, sugar, egg, and pumpkin
Even though I don't love the smell of pumpkin, this still looks good! 



Add remaining bread ingredients and mix together
Adding the dry ingredients - I added an extra 1/4 tsp cloves



Pour into a greased loaf pan (8x4). Mix nut topping ingredients and smooth evenly over batter to the edges.



Bake in the oven for 50 to 60 minutes, or when toothpick inserted comes out almost clean.



Mmm - even though I skipped the nuts, I must say it's amazing! 

1 comment:

  1. that looks amazing!!!!!

    http://infinitelifefitness.com
    http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete