Tuesday, October 4, 2011

There's A Cat In My Room

Today, I came home from filling out more applications around town, to a carrier on the floor in my living room. I didn't know what it was, or what it was for, so I just walked around it and to the couch to sort out the mail. My mother walks in and tells me she needs a cat. Our cat Chili has gotten old and isn't keeping up with her job as a mouser around the "ranch". Excitedly I asked if I could pick one out, she said no, she'd already gotten one. It was in the carrier.

She is 6 months old, fixed, litter box trained, and not very energetic, which I LOVE, as I'm not a fan of the kitten stage...

She will be staying upstairs with me until she's old enough to be an outside cat around spring time. She knows what "no" means, and we've trained our other cats with a squirt bottle combined with making the sound with in mouths so they responds equally to both. So keeping her off the furniture and clawing furniture (she does have a cat post) shouldn't be a problem. #grateful

So besides not finding a name for her yet (thinking possibly Madi, which means Tuesday in Creole), what else should I know about having a kitten/cat living with me? Like I said, we have others, but last time we had a kitten was about 16-18 years ago... so it's been a while.

Would love some input, feel free to comment below =]

1 comment:

  1. How adorable!!! Love love love it!! Chew toys/play toys are key for kitties :) Watch out for random spraying as well, since she is new she will want to have her scent very strongly in her 'home' feeling places. I would buy some pet smell and stain remover just to be safe!! Congrats on the new cutie!! :)

    ReplyDelete