Thursday, October 27, 2011

Starfield Concert

"Let me not be blind with privilege
Give me eyes to see the pain
Let the blessing You've poured out on me
Not be spent on me in vain
Let this life be used for change"
I will go - Starfield
Last weekend (10/22) we took a trip as a youth group to see the band Starfield. They are a christian band from Canada, and they play wonderful music, with lyrics that hit home. They took the stage at Fair Oaks Presbyterian Church in Fair Oaks, CA for a concert unlike one I've been to before.

About halfway through the concert the lead singer, Tim Neufeld, had the lights turned off and and played acoustic worship with us. It was amazing. He played songs that most of us were familiar with so we could sing along, and he shared his heart. It was different for them as well, they were able to switch up the set list and was a much needed break.

Later during the show they took advantage of the intermission and informed us about the opportunity we have to sponsor a child through Compassion. He and his family sponsor 3 children and encourage families, though they might not be able to sponsor 3, there's many ways to be a part of what Compassion is doing. (sponsor 1 child for $38 a month)

The finale was HOT! The second to last song we broke the mold, ran down and stood right in front of the stage. Jumping up and down, praising God with everything we had, yelling, "I will go, Lord send me!" ... it got hot fast! And before I knew it I turned around and there were five more people behind me. Then there were 30!!!


For their encore they came out and played The Saving One..



Website: click here
Facebook: click here
Youtube: click here
Twitter: @starfieldband

No comments:

Post a Comment