Tuesday, September 27, 2011

I've never been to Disneyland

Hello everyone, my name is Brittaney, and I've never been to Disneyland.

Granted that's not entirely true, you'll agree with me that I've never truly "experienced" Disneyland. I've passed it countless times on my journey to San Diego, and back. I've seen that mountain with the pretend snow on it, because it's visible from the freeway. And I've seen numerous ads, pictures, commercials, and documentaries on this place... but the only time I've been inside the Happiest Place On Earth was when I was 5 weeks old. I'm sure I got some wonderful sleep and a little too much sun for my porcelain skin, but as far as remembering it, I think not.

And to tell the truth I've never had a desire to go. How could I love this place that I didn't fall in love with as a child? Much to my surprise, I could fall in love with it, with just knowing I'm going to be there soon....

Well a short time ago, my college group decided to surprise me. They are taking me to Disneyland, I've waited for what has seemed like forever, but the date is finally here. We leave in two days, and I can't believe this place is real! I can't believe I'm excited to go! I don't really know what is in Disneyland, but I want to see that castle. I just want to sit and stare at it. It's real. All this time, knowing about this place called "Disneyland" not really understanding it, but hearing about it.. knowing I wouldn't be going anytime soon so not really thinking about it too much... but now that it's here, I can't really fathom that it's real. This castle is REAL!

...2 more days...

What are the best parts of Disneyland? What can't I leave without doing? What's your favorite memory of being in Disneyland. Share it with me =]

1 comment:

  1. I still can't believe you have never been! I hope you enjoyed :) I cannot leave without haunted house, a hot chocolate from New Orleans, and putting a quarter into Esmerelda on Main Street to get my 'fortune'. I more love the experience, music, and the company I am with...that tends to make it for me :) Big hugs, hope you had a blast!!!!

    ReplyDelete