Thursday, September 8, 2011

Strawberry Lemonade

In light of summer ending and me, for the first time this summer, craving some strawberry lemonade, I'm going to post the recipe I found. Possibly my favorite part of their recipe is the sparkling water they add. Ever since I house sat for a friend of mine, Amy, and she had some in the OJ she made, I've been especially fond of it. I just adds a special kick!

Strawberry Lemonade
Makes 6 servings
What you need:
• 2 cups water
• 1 cup sugar
• 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
• 1 pint fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
• 2 cups cold sparkling water or club soda
• Ice
• Mint sprigs, garnish

What you need to know:
In a container, whisk the water and sugar together until the sugar dissolves. Add the lemon juice and stir. Place the strawberries in a medium bowl and mash with a potato masher. Add the strawberries to the lemon mixture and stir well. Refrigerate until well chilled. Serve over ice and garnish with mint.

No comments:

Post a Comment