Sunday, February 5, 2012

Haiti Journal Day ONE

Day one we flew in and came to Jacmel, it was an interesting ride, with Cameron and his parents. His mom was freaking out over everything, like passing tap taps while trucks are headed towards us, and how people walk in front of the truck, and we don't slow down for them.... So after about4 hours we were finally home.

We got there and had some time with the kids before we went to UN beach for their Saturday fun =)
We had races, I made videos, and got to talk to Will McGinniss for a bit on the ride back (In the back of the truck - it's so much fun!)

We had our usual group time, shared our stories and expectations for the week, how we were surprised so far.. I shared about it was really weird being with Cameron's parents on the way there, how they were freaking out over everything and that I was feeling guilty about not being emotional over it, that it was just normal for me... We came to the conclusion on how that was a blessing, that God allows me the strength for those situations, and breaks my heart for others, that way I don't burn out.. blessing in disguise.

After that we stayed up late and played phase ten.... and it took me 4 phases to get to phase 2!! I wasn't a happy camper haha but it was a good relaxing night.

No comments:

Post a Comment