Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Haiti Journal day 2

Day two Sunday
Woke up, got up, got dressed for work, realized it was Sunday... Sunday at church, Zac, Annie, Myself, And Camerons parents, all started out with no kids, and by the end Zac and I shared three. Wawayne, Isaii, and Kirby.

Then we came home and got ready for lunch (my favorite lunch) and had three options, hike to the lake (strenuous hike), go to the cove, or the UN beach.
I chose the hike, even though I was pretty sure if I did, I was going to die.
So I tried to convince Ryan to carry me, but he gave me jerky instead. I carried Zacs backpack with was awesome. Heavy, but awesome. Wait back up, on the way to the lake (driving) we came upon a mini carnival road block. With men painted all different colors with cloth masks, it was interesting and frightening for the kids. But we got out and continued our long journey It was really spiritual seeing all the mountains I'd overcome physically and spiritually over this journey. And then we finally got to the lake (which at the time I didn't believe existed). Then he took his pack back on the way down, and he and I walked with Modlyne on the way down. Which made the walk a lot easier. And he took loads of pictures :) which I get to reap the benefit of.
When we got back, God healed my muscles and I haven't been sore. It was good.

Zac gave me a Tylenol PM that night, and I had the worst dreams. That I was running for my life. Then when I was caught, they put a rope around my throat and started choking me. I woke up gasping for air holding my throat and it was terrifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment