Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day Six in Haiti - Reunited

Day six (Thursday)

This morning Phoebe and I went to the houses and started the process of getting the kids new shoes. I also helped paint the kitchen, which looks amazing (no longer yellow!!) and got all the cockroaches and mold out, preparing for a new kitchen!!
I haven't gotten to see Mackenson yet, but this afternoon Gwenn will meet us with Schneider at Tina's cove. I can't wait to see him. He's so big, and it's just unreal to me.

Lunch, then Ciesta :) avek Mackenson

At tinas cove, we went up and had sodas and I was very anxious. Then Adam looked at me and said, "brittaney, he's here" and the tears came. I couldn't get down get down the stairs fast enough, but I couldn't see :/

It was so good to see him, to hold him and know that he was alive and that God has protected him. It was like physically holding onto the promise God kept. We played in the sand, he ate sand, and I just held him. It was beautiful. And I had such a peace. It was hard saying goodbye, but I know he's safe.

Then we came home and it was Macky time for me :) I found my sponsor kid. Thank you Jesus and timoun!

I helped Carrie make cake, and hung out with her and her kiddos, it was so fun, seeing their faces covered in blue frosting was adorable!!

We also had worship night and it was beautiful. Beautiful voices beautiful children, singing in English and Creole. Having fun, loving Jesus!

Then we had some adult prayer and worship time, much needed. Phoebe and I talked about our days, and how God has shaped our lives, it was great getting to know her story.

Sleep will be bittersweet, it's our last night in Jacmel, tomorrow GG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment