Tuesday, November 22, 2011

A Nashville Kind Of Funk

Ever since the weather in Northern California has gotten a little chillier, I've been in a Nashville kind of funk. I think it might be caused by the weather, or the music I've been listening to.. but it must be one of the two.
Earlier this year in March I took a "mini-vacation" to visit a friend of mine, Rebekah, in Nashville, TN. It wasn't that cold - but it looked like it should be. It was a gloomy, and long sleeve weather during the daytime, and a pea coat and boots type of weather come nightfall.


Now, when I step outside I might be remembering the last time I was in weather that looked this way..
.....OR.....

It could be the music I'm listening to. Before I hopped on that long flight to Denver I downloaded some new itunes to keep me company. Two songs in particular. Both from and amazing group with a cause the Know Hope Collective. The songs are "Build Us Back" and "Jealous God" - it seams I've been listening to theses songs again. Along with music by All Sons & Daughters; the worship band at Journey Franklin.

What do I do when in a funk?

I keep with it if it's a good one!

It's made me crave waffles with butter and Apple Jelly, not to be confused with Apple Butter. (which, oddly enough, I've only ever found in Nashville and Haiti!)

Whichever it is that's making me miss the trendy, welcoming, smiles-where-ever-you-go lifestyle that I met in Nashville - I'm going to soak up every ounce of California sun I can while hanging out with this Nashville Kind Of Funk!

No comments:

Post a Comment