Saturday, November 19, 2011

20 Items a toddler loves

A few days ago while blogging I came across a blog post about things her toddler loves - then I spent time with my almost year old nephew... I couldn't believe how he reminded of her 20 everyday items. Here they are. - I can't wait to try these out on kids I babysit! (Some more than others!)

Mirrors
Water
Dogs
Dogs' food and water
Salt & Pepper
Vacuum
Keys
Hose
Doorbell
iphone
Balloons
Chapstick
Leaves
The Fridge
Piggy Bank
Music
Shapes
Candles
Books
Empty boxes


Out of the past 25 hours, I've babysat children 17 of them on 5 1/2 hours sleep. It's given me some time to notice them and think about this list. I babysat 13 children tonight at a benefit concert was interesting to say the least! (ages 2-7)

Things they enjoyed the most included
White boards and drawing
Playing Babies
Hangman
A"make the ball into the circle" game
Having snack!
Pretending to be animals (masks included!)
Simon Says
"going fishing" (magnetic fish)

Through this I'm noticing more and more of how each child is unique and has their "own" way of playing. That hangman is fun - when you're a teacher, but when a child is having you guess a word they can't spell - it gets a little harder! As an adult playing hangman, I have a typical strategy, guess all the vowels first.. right? That's always made sense to me. Well when I had the dashes arranged for C H R I S T M A S .. I was very surprised that the first letters they guessed were W, Q, Z, and Y ...

Children are interesting!

And another adventure of toddler babysitting shall commence tomorrow!

Any tips or tricks? What things does your child, niece/nephew, kiddo next door, love to play with?

No comments:

Post a Comment